I had this ongoing serious issue for almost 10 months, searched every sharepoint blog on the internet, most resolution i found was delete the search svc and add new one. that did not help, I have tried everything possible to get this fixed from tcpip trace, chimney trace, database authentication, database connection….endless alternates. finally figured it out
Error: The search service is not able to connect to the machine that hosts the administration component. Verify that the administration component ‘f26229c3-41f4-4520-865a-2857a0125503’ in search application ‘Search Service Application’ is in a good state and try again.
Unable to Configure SSA
Cause: Found out that our search admin timer job was disabled
Below is the resolution, it might come in handy for all Sharepointer’s, if you all end up in the same situation
We enabled the timer job and restarted IIS and the SSA provisioned successfully.
Run below PS command to know the status, below was my scenario
Get-SPTimerJob job-application-server-admin-service | fl
Result ==> IsDisabled: True
Ran below PS command to enable the service. stop and start the timer and iis reset voila.. SSA was happy
Result ==> IsDisabled: False
Net Stop timer
Net start timer
Then wait 1-2 min and try browsing to the SSA again. voila!!! No errors